CV of Dr. Albena Todorova, PhD
4 July 1969 in Sofia, Bulgaria
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology,
University Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology
2 Zdrave st., Sofia 1431
Tel/Fax: 00 359 2 510992
"Mladost" bl.101, vh. E, ap. 96
Sofia 1797, Bulgaria
Tel. +359 888 796813 or +359 2 8707796
1987-1992 Sofia University "St. Climent Ohridsky"
|1992||M.Sc. degree, graduation thesis on "Molecular techniques for carrier detection in Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy Bulgarian patients"|
|1999||PhD thesis “Muscular dystrophy Duchenne/Becker in Bulgaria. Molecular characteristics, mechanisms of mutagenesis and prophylactics”|
|1992||Research associate in the project "Correlation between molecular defects and clinical manifestation of Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy"|
|1994||Research associate in the project "Molecular defects and cardiac involvement in Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy Bulgarian patients"|
Fellow of Telethon Italy - training on mutation detection, carrier status determination and immunohistochemical analysis of muscle biopsies.
Laboratory of Human Genetics and Laboratory of Neuropathology, University of Padua
|1996-1999||PhD student in Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, University Hospital, Sofia|
|1997-1999||Leading researcher on the project “Screening for point mutations in the dystrophin gene. Mechanisms of mutagenesis”|
|2001-2002||Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Institute of Human Genetics, Biozentrum, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany|
|2004||Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Institute of Human Genetics, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany|
Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Institute of Human Genetics, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
- Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy - diagnostic analysis, carrier detection and prenatal diagnosis
- Limb-girdle muscular dystrophies – diagnostic analysis, carrier detection and prenatal diagnosis.
- Myotonic dystrophy.
- Haemophilia A and B.
- Mechanisms of mutability along the dystrophin gene in comparison to the other human genes.
- Sequence analysis of some regions with deletion breakpoints concentration.
- Epidemiology of Neuromuscular disorders.
- Limb-girdel muscular dystrophy – DNA and protein analysis
- Immunohistochemical analysis of neuromuscular disorders
- Gene mapping and cloning
- Member of the Bulgarian Association of Neuromuscular Disorders
- Member of the Yough Union of Molecular Genetics in Medicine
- Member of the Union of Scientists in Bulgaria
- English, Italian, German (low level), Russian