CV of Dr. Alexey Savov, PhD
Assistant Professor, Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Medical University of Sofia
|INSTITUTION AND LOCATION||DEGREE||YEAR(s)||FIELD OF STUDY|
|Sofia University "St. Kliment Ochridsky", Sofia, Bulgaria||B.Sc.||1985-1988||Biochemistry and Microbiology|
|Sofia University "St. Kliment Ochridsky", Sofia, Bulgaria||M.Sc.||1988-1989||Genetics|
|Medical University, Sofia, Bulgaria||Ph.D.||1994-1997||Molecular Biology and Genetics|
|Centre de Transfusion Sanguine et de Biogenetique Brest France||Specialization||1993||Molecular Genetics of Cystic Fibrosis|
Positions And Honours
1989 - Associate Researcher, Department of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Genetic Engineering Kostinbrod, Bulgaria
(Head: Prof. A. Atanasov)
1993 - Associate Researcher, Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Medical Academy, Sofia (Head: Prof. I. Kremensky)
1997 - Assistant Professor, Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Medical Academy, Sofia (Head: Prof. I. Kremensky)
1995 National Science Fund Award for the project “Molecular basis of Cystic Fibrosis in Bulgaria”
Main field: Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics of Human Diseases; Population Genetics.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Board Member, Youth Union "Molecular Genetics in Medicine"
- Member, European Society of Human Genetics,
- Member, American Society of Human Genetics
- Supervisor of ten M.Sc students from the Department of Biology, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ochridski”.
- Lecturer at TEMPUS course “Teaching and Training in Molecular Pathology for medical postgraduate students”, funded by EU PHARE program (08121-94);
- Lecturer in Courses in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Neurology for graduate and post graduate students at Sofia Medical University